Thursday, June 30, 2011

4th of July Banners

 Fourth of July was around the corner and I think we all get caught up in June and forget that the 4th is right there.  So I made these banners to go along with the holiday.  I am not very good and doing tutorials step by step instructions but I can sure tell you have I made it.
 I started out with some denim I had bought on clearance a while ago probably for skirts or something.  But it was perfect for my banner.  I cut a flag from an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper.  Then cut out 7 pendents sewed around them and frayed the edges.  I then cut burlap the size I wanted and frayed the edges.  Then cut a pieces for the bunting a strip of red and accordion folded it and stapled one side.  The white sun shape I cut from chipboard and covered them with white fabric.  Cut out letter on glitter fun foam on my Cricut and glued everything together.  I sewed all the pendants on to ribbon and tied extra fabric pieces and ribbons in between.  It turned out awesome and I can keep it for every year.
The next banner I made was out of paper.  I cut a whole bunch of triangles out of patterned or solid red, white and blue paper.  Then took ribbon and just sewed them all together.  I was really easy and you could make it as long as you want or needed to.
Have a Great 4th of July everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment