Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Tie Banner and Gift


Father's day was around the corner and I have really been getting off on banners lately.  So I made one for of course Father's day.  It was simple and turned out darling.  When I saw this on a blog it was made out of paper and I wanted to be able to keep using it so I made it out of fabric.

 I first cut out a template of a tie from a piece of paper.  Then pinned it to my fabric and cut out 15 ties.  What made it the easiest for the letters was to iron the fabric to iron-on paper.  Then I cut them out on my Cricut and ironed them on to the ties.  Simple right.  After they were all made I used a heavier jute rope and zig-zagged the ties on to the jute.
 I loved how this turned out and now I will have one every year for Father's Day.

I then made a Candy Bow-K and decided to make one for my hubby.  I took a piece of floral foam and glued the box candy around it.  Then glue all your candy bars onto skewers with hot glue.  Stick them into the foam where you want them and tuck tissue paper around the edges.  Cut pieces of tulle and stick in between the candy bars and VOILA you are done.
To make it more personalized I wrote a little note that went with most of the candy bars that I used. 

Happy Father's Day to my hubby.
Love him and always will.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love that you guys are into banners, because love seeing them! Had fun seeing you guys the other night too!!!

    ReplyDelete